Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Poppy Seed Pound Cake Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
1-2 tablespoon poppy seeds
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 cup plain yogurt
¼ teaspoon almond extract

In small bowl, stir together flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking soda. In large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add yogurt and almond extract; mix well. Stir in flour mixture until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Yield: 1 dozen.

Source: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/poppy-seed-pound-cake-muffins
Photo from Taste of Home's website

The only way my recipe differs from the original Taste of Home recipe is:
1. I use more poppy seeds (since I love them!!), the original calls for 1 Tablespoon, and
2. I use 1/4 tsp. of almond extract rather than 1 tsp. of vanilla.
Other than that, I just double the recipe and my kids call me the best mom ever. We love these muffins! ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment