Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mini Puffed Pancakes

4 eggs
3 Tbs. oil
1 ½ cups milk
1 ½ cups flour
½ tsp. salt

Pre-heat oven to 400°. In bowl beat eggs, then add the rest of the ingredients. Mix until smooth Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray or brush with melted butter. Fill muffin wells ¾ full. Bake mini muffins about 15 minutes or regular-sized muffins about 20 minutes in a 400° oven.

Top with or dip in maple syrup, berry sauce, powdered sugar, or whipped cream.


Berry Sauce:
6 large frozen (straw)berries
3 Tbs. berry jam (I used raspberry)
sugar to taste, if needed
If using frozen berries, place berries and jam in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for about 1 minute. Use a fork to stir and mash everything together (cut strawberries if necessary), or place everything in a blender and pulse a few times until desired consistency is reached.

This is a slightly tweaked version of the recipe I found at Our Best Bites. I have a bit more egg in mine, some oil, and it's a bigger recipe to feed all my kiddos! I basically followed my German Pancake recipe and cut back on the egg some. We LOVED this recipe and it's so very easy, fun, beautiful, and DELICIOUS!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindee! I found you through the 4 Mom's link up for your refried bean recipe. Thank you so much for this wealth of yummy and cost effective food :-) I look forward to trying some of them.

    ReplyDelete